The most effective way to protect yourself against Coronavirus is by frequently washing your hands with soap and water and/or cleaning your hands with alcohol-based hand rub.
1. Do not share instruments during a rehearsal or concert.
2. Before rehearsal/performance begins:
a. Wash your hands well with soap and water and then use alcohol-based hand rub.
b. Wipe down the lip plate and each key of every instrument with an alcohol wipe and then discard wipe. (Take
extreme care not to touch the pads with the alcohol wipe).
3. If you have a wooden lip, head, flute or wooden piccolo them do not wipe down the wood with an alcohol wipe!
4. Try not to touch your face with your hands until rehearsal is over. If you do, wipe hands and fingers with alcohol-based hand rub or alcohol wipe before touching the flute.
5. After every rehearsal or performance: before putting the instrument into its case, first swab the inside of the flute and put the cleaning cloth in a plastic sandwich bag, then wipe down the lip plate and keys with an alcohol wipe, being careful not to touch the pads. Upon arriving home, wash the swab/cloth as soon as possible and throw away the plastic bag.
For Care and Maintenance advice
Please click on the brochure button (above) and then on the Owner Manual link to download our care and maintenance recommendations.