TJ 'Horn' Alto Saxophone
The original is back and enhanced for the 21st century.
Launched in 2019 and based on the original award winning TJ ‘Horn’ sax design of the late 1980s, this ergonomically enhanced sax will not only help you develop your own sound, but will also encourage you to further explore what the instrument can do.
In keeping with our quality design and manufacturing baseline, this saxophone is built using the highest quality materials and then further quality-checked at our technical workshops in Lenham (U.K) by our wonderful team of technicians before making its way to our worldwide network of TJ instrument distributors and then on to your nearest music dealer.
If you have ever wanted to learn the saxophone, but haven’t a clue where to start, this is the sax for you; with fantastic intonation and solid construction, you will be mastering some of the greatest tunes out there in no time.
- Smooth action – Close key work design for ease of handling
- Free blowing - Supports the player’s air flow when playing, essential for students
- Reliable and robust – Built on the ribbed construction that allows superb durability without adding too much additional weight
- An excellent starter instrument for new players
- Key: E-flat
- Range: Bb3 to F#5 (Concert Pitch: Db3 to A5)
- Thumb Rests: Plastic upper, metal adjustable lower – So your hand can fit comfortably
- Springs: Blue steel needle springs – Allowing for a smoother action
- Touch pieces: Plastic
- Pads: Leather
- Reflectors: Metal – Allowing for a clear, brighter response and easier air flow throughout the instrument
- Engraving: Floral on the bell
- Mouthpiece: TJ Plastic Mouthpiece – Great starter mouthpiece to get you going
- Ligature: Metal 2-Screw – Best starter ligature, holding the reed on tightly to the mouthpiece. Complete with a cap.
- Accessories: Reeds, Comfortable Neck Sling, Polishing Cloth
- Case: Rectangular padded deluxe case with backpack straps, side pocket and side strap
- Weight: 2.44 kg
1. Wash your hands thoroughly before you play your sax.
2. Don't use Chlorine based sanitisers on your instrument. The components in chlorine based sanitizers could cause corrosion, deterioration and/or tarnishing of the metal and might also tarnish and loosen the lacquer.
3. Make sure your fingers are dry after santising your hands and before you play your instrument.
4. Don't share your mouthpiece / instrument with another person.
5. Make sure your clean your mouthpiece thoroughly after playing.
6. Put any wet cleaning / internal drying cloths in to a plastic bag straight after playing. Wash the cloths as soon as possible and discard the plastic bag.