TJ The Horn Tenor Saxophone
The original TJ 'Horn' with updated design!
Launched in 2019 with the original 1980s ‘Horn’ in mind, this student tenor allows the player to freely navigate around the instrument as well as producing a really good sound with ease.
With ergonomically designed mechanism, this sax is an excellent first horn for the new player.
In keeping with our quality design and manufacturing baseline, this saxophone is built using the highest quality materials and then further quality-checked at our technical workshops in Lenham (U.K) by our wonderful team of technicians before making its way to our worldwide network of TJ instrument distributors and then on to your nearest music dealer.
The ease of sound production along with the mechanical fluidity of this instrument gives the student a great start into the wonderful world of saxophones.
- Slick key-work – a smooth running action of the keys allows the player to get around the instrument quickly
- Free blowing – Allowing the student to not only get a great sound out of the sax but to give ease of use over all octaves too.
- Solid structure - Built on the ribbed construction that allows superb durability without adding too much weight
- A fantastic student starter saxophone
- Key: B-flat
- Range: Bb3 to F#5 (Concert: Ab2 to E5)
- Thumb Rests: Plastic upper, metal adjustable lower – So your hand can fit comfortably
- Springs: Blue steel needle springs – Allowing for a smoother action
- Touch pieces: Plastic
- Pads: Leather
- Reflectors: Metal – Allowing for a clear, brighter response and easier air flow throughout the instrument
- Engraving: Floral on the bell
- Mouthpiece: TJ Plastic Mouthpiece – Great starter mouthpiece to get you going
- Ligature: Metal 2-Screw – Best starter ligature, holding the reed on tightly to the mouthpiece. Complete with a cap.
- Accessories: Reeds, Comfortable Neck Sling, Polishing Cloth
- Case: Rectangular padded deluxe case with backpack straps, side pocket and side strap
- Weight: 3.34 kg