Trevor James SR
A quality step-up for those upgrading from their first sax.
"Positively creamy. It's not without sparkle though, but it's a gentle sparkle ‐ not so much like the fizz you'd get from Champagne, rather it's the more subtle bubbles you'd find in a glass of freshly‐poured Guinness. And Guinness is a good analogy, it captures this horn's inherent laid‐back smokiness. You can pep up the fizz by putting a bright mouthpiece on this horn, and it will sing for you, but you'd be missing out on its forte ‐ it's got mainstream jazzer written all over it...." Stephen Howard..Author of the Haynes Saxophone Manual
Launched in September 2011 the Trevor James 'SR' tenor has been developed in close cooperation with sax players around the World such as Andy Sheppard, Andy Snitzer etc.
Using the hand built professional Signature Custom models as the template, the 'SR' tenor has taken on many of the mechanism and crook features that were previously only available to professional players. The results are very free blowing tenor saxophones with rich tonal characteristics.
Professionally designed crook modifications producing a wide and open sound
Strengthened crook receiver
Larger body bore for excellent projection
Redesigned rounded keywork with dished table keys for a faster, smoother playing action
Professionally designed key tail assemblies for additional venting stability
Top quality Italian leather pads
Metal pad reflectors which give a dynamic & full bodied tone with crisp attack
Blue needle springs
Additional adjusting screws for finer playing adjustments
- Designed and set-up in our pro-sax workshop in Lenham, Kent
- Top quality Impact case
- Neck strap.
- TJ mouthpiece
1. Wash your hands thoroughly before you play your sax.
2. Don't use Chlorine based sanitisers on your instrument. The components in chlorine based sanitizers could cause corrosion, deterioration and/or tarnishing of the metal and might also tarnish and loosen the lacquer.
3. Make sure your fingers are dry after santising your hands and before you play your instrument.
4. Don't share your mouthpiece / instrument with another person.
5. Make sure your clean your mouthpiece thoroughly after playing.
6. Put any wet cleaning / internal drying cloths in to a plastic bag straight after playing. Wash the cloths as soon as possible and discard the plastic bag.
Do you also play the flute? Visit our TJ flute website
TJ sax warranty and care guide (click here)